In "It's My Blogiversary, and I Want Presents", Shelley asked for 'presents' in the form of corrections on Trove. I was happy to do that. Now it is my turn to ask, and what I would like you to do is...
Spread the word about the 'Genealogists for Families' project!
If you are not familiar with it, read about how the project started. After just one year, our genealogy team on Kiva has made a huge difference to the lives of thousands of families around the world. Your gift could be any one of these simple tasks:
- Mention 'Genealogists for Families' to your family history group, seminar audience, etc.
- Spread the word via your online social networks (our Twitter hashtag is #KivaGFF).
- Raise funds by doing paid online surveys.
- Put a link to 'Genealogists for Families' (http://genfamilies.blogspot.com/p/background.html or http://www.kiva.org/team/genealogists) in:
- Your email signature.
- Your stationery or flyers.
- Your profile on Blogger, Twitter, Google+, Facebook, LinkedIn etc.
- Your blog posts (see these examples).
- A stand-alone page on your blog (Pauleen's page is a good example).
- Your business cards or genealogy conference 'contact cards' (I design my own cards at Vistaprint).
On behalf of everyone who will benefit if you encourage more people to join 'Genealogists for Families'... Thank you!