Sunday 12 January 2020

Have Your Family History Records Been Destoyed?

Image courtesy of 9comeback at FreeDigitalPhotos.net
I know that some of my clients have digital backups of family history documents and files, either in the Cloud (for example, in a free account at Dropbox), or on external hard drives or USBs - but some don't.

After the 2003 Canberra bushfires, and after Hurricane Katrina in the USA, I was contacted by clients who had lost everything. I was able to send them a copy of my report with the results of the family history research that I'd done for them.

If you've lost your home in the current bushfires, don't be afraid to contact me (at the address on my main genealogy Web site) to ask whether I have a backup copy of the information I sent to you. If I do, I can email it (FREE) on request.

If a natural disaster occurred in your area today, would your family history records survive? Some simple and practical suggestions are in Natural Disasters and Family History.

(This post first appeared on https://qld-genealogy.blogspot.com/2020/01/have-your-family-history-records-been.html and family history societies are welcome to share that link with their members.)

No comments: